OTHER RESOURCES FOR A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE
Whether you lease or own, ACTIVE Life provides technical assistance with customizing a tobacco-free policy that best suits your workplace. Click here for Sample Policies: leased, workday, worksite.
ACTIVE Life Tobacco Policy: An example of a Tobacco Free policy including the purpose, definitions, policy, scope, and enforcement. Download here.
- Case Study- Johnson & Johnson: A look at how this leading health care products organization took steps to become tobacco-free. Click here.
- Employer Reference Page: A page of facts which support the various benefits of a tobacco-free workplace. Download here.
Check Activity: A check activity that shows savings over time if a Tobacco Free policy is adopted. Do the Math: Use this tool to figure out how much money your company could potentially save per year if you adopt a policy and use cessation resources to help employees quit using tobacco. Download here.
- Live Tobacco Free Austin Secondhand Smoke Fact Sheet [Spanish and English]: Facts about the harmful effects of second hand smoke, information about rights and what you can do to take action. Download here.
- Live Tobacco Free Austin Worksite Fact Sheet [Spanish and English]: Fact sheet on tobacco use in the work place. Find support on how to go tobacco free and get free worksite strategies. Download here.
- Sample Worksite Letter: Outreach to business industry leaders explaining ACTIVE Life’s mission and its correlation to our Communities Putting Prevention to Work [CPPW] grant, which allows ACTIVE Life to help companies adopt tobacco free policies and move towards CEO Gold Standard Certification. Download here.
- Sample Worksite Newsletter: A general layout and sample of information that can help guide you in creating your own newsletter. Distributing this type of newsletter helps maintain local and national certifications such as Mayo'rs Fitness Council and CEO Gold. Download here.
FIND OUT HOW YOUR EMPLOYEES FEEL ABOUT A TOBACCO-FREE WORKPLACE
Sample Tobacco Free Worksite Survey: A survey ACTIVE Life uses to gauge employee buy-in to a Tobacco Free policy, which allows employers to see how many employees use tobacco. Download here.